February 02, 2014

Unraveling My Father's Suicide

My father w/five of us six children, 1962


I do not know exactly when my book will be published (hoping for this year), but I do know it will be sent to my editor on February 22, 2014.  It is amazing how fast content can get moved around or deleted when there is a deadline.  It's all good, though.  Something needs to come along to motivate me to make decisions about the final manuscript.

I am a little anxious.  I have three weeks to go through a handful more of chapters and decide if it is beneficial to add some other extraneous thoughts somewhere.  I fear that my editor is going to get my manuscript and realize he took on something that is not fixable.  Time will tell.
I'm torn between two titles:

1)  Unraveling My Father's Suicide
                         vs.
2)  Unraveling My Father's Suicide:  The Forging of a New Family Legacy

Of course, those are my ideas.  My editor may have a few others.  For now though, feel free to let me know which of the two above you like, i.e., with or without a subtitle - and why.  Or suggest another one.  Without reading the manuscript, it might be a challenge.  Give it a shot anyhow.
image - personal file

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

03/01/14 Update - Related Blog Entry: Suicide & Mental Illness - My Interview on Beneath the Surface Radio Show - http://tasteandsee2.blogspot.com/search/label/mentalillness

03/12/14 Update - Beneath the Surface PODCAST of 3/9/14 Radio Show
"Unraveling My Father's Suicide", part 2

Guest: Kathleen Laplante
A real life story of how deep pain and meaninglessness can evolve into real hope and peace.
https://archive.org/details/BTS48  
When you get to the page, click on "1 BTSMar-9" on the right side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments: